Rob Shavell has been working on protecting the online security and digital footprint of individuals and businesses for more than 10 years. He is the founder of Abine & DeleteMe (joindeleteme.com) which seek to prevent data brokers from selling your information.
- Entrepreneurs want to solve a big problem.
- For the typical person, what we find isn’t useful information.
- Blatant exposure of person’s information.
- We don’t realize that we are giving the resale permission.
- Technology gets better faster and cheaper.
- Remove 2400 specific pieces of information
- The strange things in the information that is out there.
- Remove yourself from brokers
- 2 factor authentication set up.
- Ad/Tracker blocker
- Algorithms as it relates to location, genetic and facial recognition
- Signing up without giving companies all your real information.
- Technology just gets better, faster, cheaper.
- The Transparent Society by David Brin
- How algorithms are preventing people from achieving their potential?
Thanks to our mission partner:
Buoyancy Digital is proud to be the inaugural Mission Partner for the Cybertraps Podcast series. A digital advertising consultancy with an ethos, Buoyancy was founded by Scott Rabinowitz, who has been in digital media since 1997 and has overseen $300 million in youth safety compliant ad buys across all digital platforms. For IAB, Google and Bing accredited brand and audience safe advertising sales solutions, media buying and organizational training for media publishers, let’s chat.