Not only is Dr. Joaquina Kankam an expert in youth protection compliance and risk management, but her practical experience has made her a leader in understanding the needs of youth serving organizations. In addition to being an educator (K–12 & Higher Education), Joaquina has presented at several national association conferences and participated as a panelist in several discussions regarding youth.
The Importance of Senior Leadership’s Involvement in Youth Protection Decision-Making.
- CAPTA (Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act, 1974)
- Children youth-service organizations.
- Background checks and mandatory reporting training
- Sexual abuse or other harm?
- Audit systems to ensure organizations are helpful in preventing harm to kids.
- We do only what we know how to do.
- Our procedures are good enough, we’ve talked with the attorneys and they approved them.
- Protecting image of university
- Loudon County, VA school board member resigns
- We don’t differentiate in adult professional development
- Start with a good understanding of what the law is.
- How to teach schools to do this work correctly.
- It’s too much to put on my plate.
- how to be a transformative principal? If sometihng bothers you, don’t let it go. Fix it!