Heather is a researcher and author in the United States who has spent 15 years studying innovation in education and the rise of blended learning as the enabler of student-centered learning.
She is the co-author of the Amazon bestseller Blended: Using Disruptive Innovation to Improve Schools, as well as The Blended Workbook
As the founder of Ready to Blend, Heather leads a team of 150 facilitators in the United States, Middle East, and South America who have been certified to deliver blended-learning workshops to their teachers.
Prior to this role, Heather was a senior research fellow for the Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation and a strategy consultant for McKinsey & Company.
She holds a BA magna cum laude in government from Harvard University and an MBA with distinction from the Harvard Business School. She is the mother of five children and lives in Austin, Texas.
- How student-centered learning matters.
- We can’t just say go all in or go off and do wholly Waldorf method.
- Heather on Transformative Principal episode 210 and 211
- What is the purpose of school?
- Having transparency on what kids were learning.
- Stay away from simulteaching.
- Opportunities: modalities of instruction that are out of the box.
- Look for synchronous group discussion.
- Collaborative experiences.
- 1 on 1 check ins.
- children are empowered when they use technology to go to any destination – field trip analogy.
- Gate at the top, but also an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff.
- Crash and tell.