Bliss Landon is a longtime Insurance Specialist and the Founder, President, and CEO of U-PIC Insurance Services, Inc., where she provides leadership and direction to her senior management team, and dictates the overall culture of the organization.
Since 1989, Bliss has been dedicated to providing low cost shipping insurance to individuals and businesses. She understands the need for peace of mind when it comes to shipping valuable items, as well as getting claims processed quickly if any items are damaged. To her, people aren’t just numbers on a spreadsheet.
Bliss has more than 30 years of experience leading teams in sales, marketing, and customer support. Her leadership has contributed significantly to the explosive growth of U-PIC in the eCommerce and educational technology sectors. She played a key role in creating partnerships and alliances with organizations like the United States Postal Service, Amazon, DHL eCommerce, and more.
Having provided coverage for over 25 years to individual sellers, small businesses, and to some of the largest most well-known companies in the world, Bliss and U-PIC launched School Device Coverage, which provides school districts’ and families’ at-home devices protection against accidental damage, broken screens, charging failure, electrical failure, loss, theft, vandalism, and more. Bliss knows students study hard and play harder. Considering teens and young people are constantly on the go with their devices, accidents are bound to happen. School Device Coverage offers peace of mind against loss, damage or theft of those devices while they are in possession of students.
Additionally, Bliss is a member of the Women Presidents’ Organization, and the Parcel Shipping Organization. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree from San Diego State University, and lives with her family in Hidden Hills, CA.
- Universal Parcel insurance Company (U-PIC)
- 1:1 program means a school is issuing a device to students.
- Schools using technology so much more
- Many things that happen with devices don’t fall under the warranty.
- Number 1 claim is a cracked screen, keys falling off, then liquid damage.
- How to prevent damage? Age of device, cases, educate kids on how to take care of them!
- How to get parents involved: parent-buy programs have less claims than school districts.
- Teacher insurance programs are not implemented in the same way as for students.
- Bliss Landon’s company does not provide support for technical loss (like ransomware, malware, etc.)
- The most efficient way to help is to have extra on hand.
- Good rule of thumb is to have 5% extra on hand.
Thanks to our mission partner:
Buoyancy Digital is proud to be the inaugural Mission Partner for the Cybertraps Podcast series. A digital advertising consultancy with an ethos, Buoyancy was founded by Scott Rabinowitz, who has been in digital media since 1997 and has overseen $300 million in youth safety compliant ad buys across all digital platforms. For IAB, Google and Bing accredited brand and audience safe advertising sales solutions, media buying and organizational training for media publishers, let’s chat.