Vern Abila is an accomplished broad-spectrum security, investigative and training professional with nearly 30 years of comprehensive, large scale leadership and operational experience in diversified domestic and international fields.
For the past nineteen years, Vern has been the President and CEO of Abila Security & Investigations. Inc. (ASI) and has led ASI from a micro business operating from his home to a successful multi-million-dollar worldwide organization, earning the Colorado Small Minority Businessperson of the year for 2012.
Vern’s core competencies are corporate complex litigation investigations, threat and vulnerability assessments, surveillance and counter-surveillance operations, specialized critical incident training, logistical support, riot control tactics, overseas courier services, along with a wide variety of low and high-threat protective details, pre-employment screening services. Mr. Abila is considered a subject matter expert by the U.S. Department of State in VIP Protection, Critical Infrastructure, National Leadership and Diplomatic Security for their Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program.
- The combination of cyber, operational, physical security.
- Association of Threat Assessment Professionals
- Relationship between physical and cyber security.
- Training is not just for the one person, it’s for everyone.
- Does this person belong
- Role of social media and personal privacy in the security realm.
- Lots of people trying to tear them down. Looking for people who are trying to find a cause.
Doxxing & Hardening the target.
- Parents, know what your kids are doing.
- Very difficult, everyone is public knowledge
- Find people through relatives, so talk to them.
- Growing interest in joining the influencer community.
- Helping schools become more preventative
- How to harden the target:
- Threat and vulnerability assessment
- Build on a plan
- “Knowing a person” could be a double-edged sword.
- Don’t be single-focused on one aspect
- How to talk to police.
- Real talk.