In this episode we talk with Dr. Wendy Oliver round digital safety. This is a simulcast with Dr. Oliver’s Building the Bridge podcast.
- Guest Bio
- Dr. Wendy Oliver is a highly qualified Tennessee teacher and administrator who has pioneered digital learning across multiple states and school districts. She has authored digital teaching standards and developed software that allows teachers to self-assess their knowledge of digital instruction. Wendy is currently the Chief Learning Officer for EdisonLearning, leading efforts to deliver high-quality, innovative digital learning solutions to hundreds of schools across the U.S.
- Wendy is author of a book for parents, “Not Your Mama’s Classroom: What You Need to Know as a Parent About Your Child’s Digital Education,” and the upcoming book for educators, Not Your Mama’s Classroom: Facilitating Engaging, Student-Centered Digital Instruction. No matter which hat she’s wearing, her goal is simple – to empower learners.
- Follow Dr. Wendy Oliver on Twitter @oliver_dr
- What is the outlook for the education system over the next 5–10 years? As more students of all ages are participating in online or hybrid schooling, how is exposure to online risks increasing?
- How do educators have the right conversations with parents and students around digital safety?
- K–12 education is trending toward digital and that’s not just going to stop. It’s not a system parents and students can just “opt out” of, but can they influence and change the system to work better? Particularly thinking about students’ rights, privacy and safety.
- Are there legal and ethical obligations coming into play for teachers when students go online, which they may not even be aware of? What are they?
Thanks to our mission partner:
Buoyancy Digital is proud to be the inaugural Mission Partner for the Cybertraps Podcast series. A digital advertising consultancy with an ethos, Buoyancy was founded by Scott Rabinowitz, who has been in digital media since 1997 and has overseen $300 million in youth safety compliant ad buys across all digital platforms. For IAB, Google and Bing accredited brand and audience safe advertising sales solutions, media buying and organizational training for media publishers, let’s chat.